It’s beginning to look a lot like…spring!
With the weather warming up it’s time to get back outside for training! But before hitting the streets and trails, here are a few safety tips for runners.
- Tell someone your running plans - Before going out, tell someone at home your running route and how long you think you’ll be
- Mix up your Routes – Don’t be predictible with your runs. Change up when and where you run
- Don’t Overshare – Be careful what you post on social media! As much as we love sharing our workouts, be careful on sharing routes you run often. Before downloading a new running app, check the security settings to make sure you aren’t unknowingly sharing more than you’re comfortable with.
- Walk new trails with a friend before running alone - Last year when I first started getting into trails, I decided to walk the trail with a friend to get a feel for it – I’m glad I did as I realized 1. how secluded the trail is and 2. ZERO cell phone service. I decided this trail would be better for group runs.
- Be Smart with your Music – While running on a treadmill might be the ideal time to rock out to Justin Timberlake’s new CD, running outside isn’t. Always stay aware of your surroundings. I’ll often run with one headphone in and music playing low.
QOTD: What are your safety tips?